As a micro market operator, you know the best thing for your business is to grow your number of location. Sometimes that is easier said than done.
Here are some tips:
We know you’re looking for a qualified business that will make your service profitable. During your introductory phone call, you can gather some of the important details you need to zero in on your target locations, such as staff size, current vending or market situation, office coffee situation, etc.
Although the world is moving towards texting, messages, and email communication, by creating a personal relationship with your target location and making on-site visits you can build a rapport and trust with the business that will help you in your sales pitch. You should always seek to sell in person vs. over the phone.
Want to land the appointment? Ask engaging questions that will help you to understand what the client currently has, and what messages you can tailor to win the account.
During your initial call, you can ask these questions:
What is your current vending situation?
- This will prompt your prospect to talk about how many machines they have and what’s in those machines.
Tell me about the kinds of items you have in your vending machines now?
- If they are using traditional products at this time, this gives you a great conversation starter about the wide variety of foods and products that can be incorporated into a micro market. Think “Fresh Food, higher quality products all at no cost to the company.”
Do you have employees that work late or overnight shifts?
- Off-shift workers are extremely limited in their food options and will benefit immensely from the update to quality, fresh, & meal options of a micro market.
Do you have a calendar in front of you?
- This is a great way to almost guarantee an appointment to talk about the benefits of a micro market in person.
Micro market benefits to talk about:
- Multiple payment options (credit/debit cards, cash, payroll, mobile).
- Expanded product selection including fresh, quality foods, health & wellness, electronics & personal needs items.
- Self-checkout that allows employees to pick up and look at products prior to purchase.
- Easy to use, more attractive than vending, lower energy footprint, and often fits in the existing vending space.
If you are reading this you know that the benefits of micro markets are becoming well-known and ever-expanding within our industry. You can increase your chances of successfully landing an account by being the first in the door with your market solution.
What are you waiting for?
We got a lot of this great information from MarketReach! Check out their article here to learn more: http://bit.ly/1aQdOnd