Valentine’s Day is just around the corner – it’s your opportunity to boost sales!
Did You Know …
- The average amount of money spent last Valentine’s Day per person was $142.31
- 54.9% of U.S. Adults celebrated Valentine’s Day in 2015
- $18,900,000,000 (that’s right – 18.9 BILLION) was spent during Valentine’s Day 2015
- Over 141,000,000 Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged worldwide and over 52% of people will buy cards for the holiday
- Men spend double the amount of money that women spend for the holiday (about $160 vs. $80)
- Over 2 billion dollars were spent on flowers last Valentine’s Day
- Just under that, at 1.7 billion dollars, came candies
Make sure you are thinking about adding last-minute Valentine’s Day gifts to your market within the next couple of weeks. Bring in products like themed candies, cards, stuffed animals or fresh flowers for your customers who might not have thought ahead for the big night! Claim your share of that $18.9 billion!
See more statistics on Statistic Brain and Fundivo.