What is it we are doing?
• Three Square Market (32M) is offering implanted chip technology to all employees.
• Company employees will have the option to voluntarily implant a RFID micro chip between the thumb and forefinger underneath the skin.
• RFID technology or Radio-Frequency Identification uses electromagnetic fields to identify electronically stored information.
• The RFID chip will allow employees to make purchases in the company’s break room market, open doors, login to computers, use copy machines, among other things.
• As with a proximity card, the chip implant works in a similar fashion – by holding the chip up to the device reader, the unique serial number associates the user with the software, the software then performs the requested function.
• For employees interested in the technology, but not the implant, they can place the microchip in a RFID wristband or a RFID/Near-Field Communication Smart Ring.
• Three Square Market’s partnership with Biohax Sweden is focused on privacy & integrity, ethical development, and sustainability.
Is the chip trackable?
• The chip is not trackable and only contains information you choose to associate with it. This chip does not have GPS capabilities.
• RFID readers are proximity readers and can only be read with a few inches of an appropriate device.
• The implant uses near-field communication (NFC); the same technology used in contactless credit cards and mobile payments.
How safe is the chip?
• Will the device will harm your body?
- This device is FDA approved dating back to 2004.
- The device is only inserted through licensed professionals.
- The device is easily removed, similar to a splinter.
• Is there concern regarding identity theft
- The data on the chip is encrypted, like the technology used in a credit card.